Sunday, July 31, 2011

Melbourne Open House

Thanks to DeepSpice's willingness to stay home and 'man' the fort, I was able to escape into the city for Melbourne Open House 2011. I'd really wanted to go in 2010 but hadn't managed to get there. So this year, I was very excited to have a day out on my own, sans kids!

I started out at the ANZ Gothic Bank, which was amazing! Unfortunately, I had to wait in a 90 minute queue for the ANZ Bank, so I only got to another two buildings before it was time to go home: the former Public  Records Office of Victoria and former Land Titles Office

Below is a photo I took of the teeny, tiny staircase in the former Land Titles Office - it is a really steep spiral staircase, carved out of a single piece of bluestone. I have no idea how it can be cut so thin and yet still be strong enough to walk on.


--

No comments:

Post a Comment